Search This Blog

31 December 2011

New Years Resolutions 2012

Before you start moaning and groaning about New Year's resolutions and writing it off as stupid and something-I’m-not-gonna-stick-to-anyway-so-why-do-it, hear me out. Is it really such a bad thing to have goals for yourself? I must admit, I've almost never stuck with any of my resolutions before, and I think I know why.

I realized that my resolutions were either totally unreachable, I didn’t really want to do it, I didn’t know how to go about it, and most importantly, I wasn’t enjoying it or it didn’t make me happy. So this year, I’m doing things a little differently; I’m going to set easy, reachable and enjoyable goals and only do things that bring me happiness. The “theme” for my New Years resolutions for 2012 is: 

“Do what you love, and do it often.”

Now, that’s actually harder than it sounds. I need to figure out what I really love doing and what really makes ME happy, not what makes other people happy.

So, I’m going to do what I love, and I’ll do it more often:

  1. I love going on date nights with The Boyfriend
  2. I love burning candles in my house
  3. I love having lunch outside (open air restaurants or picnics)
  4. I love talking to my family on Skype.
  5. I love shopping and browsing.
  6. I love playing and cuddling with dogs
  7. I love watching my favorite TV shows
  8. I love traveling
  9. I love getting flowers for my house
  10. I love going out to restaurants with good friends
  11. I love reading
  12. I love buying gifts for loved ones
  13. I love going for walks in the city
  14. I love blogging
  15. I love taking photos
  16. I love being creative at work
  17. I love praying
  18. I love baking
  19. I love sending handwritten letters
  20. I love watching movies
Hopefully I managed to change your view on New Year’s resolutions. If not, well, you are lucky to be so freakin’ perfect! ;-) If so, please share your goals for 2012.

2 comments:

  1. lets start new with my new gf ..hehe ....by watching some movies . and praying 4 my good result ...hehe :)
    this is a good link
    http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/unique_gift_ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol good good start it well,tell your friend about this linka dn they will also come here and made chat with you....!!!
    slipboy_55@hotmail.com(my facebook i.d add me their and message me i will give you suggestion about yours problems

    ReplyDelete